Yellow Mansion (Dunajská Streda)

This originally Baroque structure was ordered built in the first half of the 18th century by Varadín Bishop Mikuláš Kondé. The construction was ended in 1770, but in the early 19th century it was converted to classicist style, the form in which it exists to this day. The renovation of the historic site for museum use was carried out during 1970-1974.


The Yellow Mansion is currently the seat of the Žitný Island Museum, which on 1 July 1964 hosted activities corresponding to the traditions of the former museum from 1927. The museum offers besides occasional exhibits for admiration also permanent exhibits of an ethnographic and archaeological character, divided into multiple themed categories.

In 1986, next to the mansion, an exhibit hall was opened, which on an annual basis hosts several art exhibits.

How can we get to the mansion?

By bicycle

To the Small Danube water mills

Route: Dunajská Streda > Malé Dvorník > Dunajský Klátov > Jahodná > Tomášikovo > Trstice > Topoľníky > Dunajská Streda

Demands: A non-demanding route, mostly asphalt with short dirt and field sections, suitable for regular and trekking bicycles

Length: 57 km

Attractions on the route: Dunajská Streda, Small Danube water mills - Dunajský Klátov, Jahodná, Tomášikovo


„Content of this portal does not constitute an official opinion of the European Union.“