The Church of St Michael the Archangel (Michal na Ostrove)
The Church of St Michael the Archangel (Michal na Ostrove) was apparently built some ti9me in the 1st half of the 14th century at a slight elevation protected from flooding as a single-nave structure with a polygonal presbytery and sacristy. The Patron Saint of the house of worship also gave his name to the entire village.
Around the year 1370, the interior was decorated with frescoes, of which the Ladislav Legend has been preserved on the north wall. Late Gothic modifications were done in the late 15th century. More paintings were added around 1520. At the end of the 18th century (1787) the chapel was reconstructed to Baroque style. In the second half of the 1980s, the chapel underwent renovations, during which it the wall paintings in the nave were also uncovered.
The church currently serves as a parish house of worship of the local Roman Catholic parish. It is in relatively good condition. In 2017, research began, which led to an interesting discovery of two construction phases, which differed in the use of construction material (the lower part of the walls is stone, and the upper part is made of bricks).
How can we get to the church?