Water wheel mill (Tomášikovo)

The water wheel mill in Tomášikovo is one of only few originally preserved water mills in Slovakia with bottom propulsion. It is located in the beautiful natural environment on the bank of the Small Danube about 2 km west of the village of Tomášikovo on a popular boating route.
It was built in 1893 by mill operator János Maticza. The last more extensive repair and modernisation of the mill took place in 1940. The mill was used until 1960. In 1982, the mill was restored and modified as an exhibit of the national history museum in Galanta.
It was preserved in its original condition, without disturbing interventions in its construction and interior, with clearly defined and operable milling equipment. Today it is a technical heritage monument to milling in Southern Slovakia.

It is accessible via a wooden footbridge with a railing. Rafts can be docked near the mill, and camping is available with the option of swimming.

How can we get to the mill?

By bicycle

To the Small Danube water mills

Route: Dunajská Streda > Malé Dvorník > Dunajský Klátov > Jahodná > Tomášikovo > Trstice > Topoľníky > Dunajská Streda

Demands: A non-demanding route, mostly asphalt with short dirt and field sections, suitable for regular and trekking bicycles

Length: 57 km

Attractions on the route: Dunajská Streda, Small Danube water mills - Dunajský Klátov, Jahodná, Tomášikovo



„Content of this portal does not constitute an official opinion of the European Union.“